Yes, you can turn off the LED time display completely. Just press the button of setting and you can adjust the brightness of LED time display or turn it off.
2. Is this wake up light bright enough to work as a reading lamp?
Yes, It can not only be used as an alarm clock, but also as a reading lamp, atmosphere lamp and sleep aid lamp.
3. Can you plug into wall outlet?
Yes, you just need to plug into a wall outlet and the alarm clock will work well. The user manual says it can work in AC 100-240V power supply. BTW, It has a Built-in back up button battery in the base to remember your settings, but you need to plug it into a wall outlet.
4. Does this clock have a back up battery option in the event of a power outage?
It has a built-in back up button battery in the base to remember your settings of clock and alarm when the power goes off, but it do NOT support battery operated. AC power must be required for the clock and all functions to work. It supports AC 100-240V input.
5. Can the usb port charge my phone?
Sure, the USB charging port is nice to charge up my iPhone overnight after my bed time reading.
6. Can you turn off the lighted text so its completely blackout while sleeping?
Yes, you can turn off the LCD time display completely. Just press the button of setting and you can adjust the brightness of LED time display or turn it off.