Single Spiral Silicon Carbide Heating Element for Heat Treatment Furnaces
Silicon carbide heating element is a kind of non-metal high temperature electric heating element. It is made of selected high quality green silicon carbide as main material, which is made into blank, siliconization under high temperature and recrystallized. It is the most popular type of economical heating element capable of operating under hot and rigorous environments.
1. Withstands as high as 1500ºC ( surface temperatrue).
2. Various shapes, like Rod shape, U shape, W shape, Single Spiral & Double Spiral shape, are available to meet your demand.
3. Large size range.
4. Generates high heat output per unit surface area.
5. High strength and excellent shock resistance.
6. Heat source is free of noise and air pollution.
7. This product have high purity (Silicon carbide), less impurity, fixed constructionProduct Application
Used in various high temperature electric furnaces and other electric heating devices, such as in the industries of magnet, ceramics, metallurgy, glass, and machinery.
Detail Specification listed is for your reference, and we can manufacture according to your special specification.
Installation and Operation
1. In order to keep the furnace temperature and the charges uniform of each element, resistance value must be matched first before installation, arrange those with close current values on the same circuit.
2. As the heating elements are made of ceramic, avoid damage from mechanical shock.
3. The diameter of a piercing hole drilled through the furnace should be about 1.5 times the diameter of element's end section. Size under 20mm is suitable for brick layers up to 150mm in thickness. Size under 25mm is suitable for brick layers up to 250mm in thickness.
When brick layers are thicker than the above thickness, widen the piercing hole diameter more 5mm.
When SG type element is used, take 5mm more margin than the above value.
4. Silicon Carbide elements are electrically conductive. Care should be taken to avoid electric leakage due to direct contact with a conductive material or electric shock to a human body.
5. An equal length of element's cold zone should protrude out of the furnace. Elements should be installed so that the heating section( hot zone) does not intrude into the furnace wall. Install the elements at the center of the piercing hole, and lightly pack ceramic fibre around the element.
6. Make sure that neither the terminal clamp nor the terminal strap will contact the furnace wall directly. The terminal strap must have enough slack to give under finger pressure.
7. After completing connections, turn on electricity after lightly pressing the heating element with a finger tip and make sure it will move easily.
8. When replacing elements, it is recommended to replace all heating elements in the same circuit, otherwise the resistance difference new and old elements can cause a load imbalance. This imbalance results in the newer elements' loading being greater which could shorten its service lift. It is recommended that older, or " aged" elements be used on the same circuit.
9. When start to run the furnace, raise voltage slowly and gradually never give full load at one time, otherwise, the heating element will be damaged by over current impulse.
10. As the resistance of all silicon carbide elements increases during use a variable voltage power supply is usually provided. The power supply may consist of a step transformer, thyristor, or a combination of both. The type of equipment used may effect the element performance and therefore the necessary appliances shall be selected carefully.
11. Before use the new furnace or the furnace that has not been used for a long time, they must be dried. While drying, it better to use old elements or other heat source.
12. While sinter products or materials, if there is water ejection, the furnace should have holes to eject water vapor or other waste gases in order to protect the elements service life.
Packing & Delivery
Package: Wooden box padded with foam board.
Delivery Time: 7-20 Days
If you have any question or special requirement, please do not hesitate to contact us, we are always here for you.