Silicon Carbide Heating Element for High Temperature Industry Electric Furnace
Silicon carbide heating element is a kind of non-metal high temperature electric heating element. It is made of selected high quality green silicon carbide as main material, which is made into blank, siliconization under high temperature and recrystallized. It is the most popular type of economical heating element capable of operating under hot and rigorous environments.
I. Withstands as high as 1500ºC ( surface temperatrue).
II. Various shapes, like Rod shape, U shape, W shape, Single Spiral & Double Spiral shape, are available to meet your demand.
III. Large size range.
IV. Generates high heat output per unit surface area.
V. High strength and excellent shock resistance.
VI. Heat source is free of noise and air pollution.Product Application
Used in various high temperature electric furnaces and other electric heating devices, such as in the industries of magnet, ceramics, metallurgy, glass, and machinery.
Our Main products include : DH, DL, U, CU, M, W, SG, SGR, UX, DB Type, etc.
Outer Diameter: OD, (mm) Hot Zone Length: HZ, (mm)
Code Zone Length: CZ, (mm) Overall Length: OL, (mm)
Shank Spacing: A, (mm) Bridge: D, (mm)
Main product technical parameter
|Bulk Density||2.5g/ m3|
|Thermal Conductivity||14 - 19W/ MoC|
|Rupture strength||50 MPa|
|Specific Heat||1.0 kj/kgoC (25 - 1300oC)|
|Coefficient of thermal expansion||4.5 X 10-6|
Specification of DH Type
The influence to Rod surface in different Operating Temperature and Surface Load
|Vapor and Moisture||20%Service life shortened 20% than in dry air||New furnace or old furnaces notwork long time, to dry at low temperature completely and then heat up|
|Nitrogen gas||Above 1400C, nitrogen will react with SiC to form silicon nitride, elements will become fragile and service life shortened. Then effect by dew point is same as H2||The recommended furnace temperature not higher than 1300C,surface loading as low as possible|
|Hydrogen||The mechanical strength decreasing when elements temperature exceeds 1350C, and also service life much depends on intensity of moisture||Operation temperature lower than1300C surface loading less than 5W/ CM2|
|Ammonia||Same as hydrogen and nitrogen||Operation temperature lower than1300C, surface loading less than5W/ CM|
|Disassociated gas||Carbon black from decomposed hydrocarbon on elements surface will cause elements rod loose||Introducing air into furnace frequently to burn up additional Carbon. At side of furnace design,keep enough space between elements to prevent short circuit|
|S, S2||Above 1300C, surface of elements will be corroded and resistance increasing rapidly||Keep elements temperature lower than 1300C|
|Vacuum||SiO2 protect film will not be formed, sic decomposed itself and service life shortened||Using in pressure over 0.13Pa an furnace temperature under 1100C|
|Others||Various substances from treated materials, such as Pb, Sb, alkali metal react with elements, which may shorten elements service life.||To get rid of these substances in advance, design gas outlet in furnace in order to decrease the effect.|
Installation and Operation
1. In order to keep the furnace temperature and the charges uniform of each element, resistance value must be matched first before installation, arrange those with close current values on the same circuit.
2. As the heating elements are made of ceramic, avoid damage from mechanical shock.
3. The diameter of a piercing hole drilled through the furnace should be about 1.5 times the diameter of element's end section. Size under 20mm is suitable for brick layers up to 150mm in thickness. Size under 25mm is suitable for brick layers up to 250mm in thickness. When brick layers are thicker than the above thickness, widen the piercing hole diameter more 5mm.
When SG type element is used, take 5mm more margin than the above value.
4. Silicon Carbide elements are electrically conductive. Care should be taken to avoid electric leakage due to direct contact with a conductive material or electric shock to a human body.
5. An equal length of element's cold zone should protrude out of the furnace. Elements should be installed so that the heating section( hot zone) does not intrude into the furnace wall. Install the elements at the center of the piercing hole, and lightly pack ceramic fibre around the element.
6. Make sure that neither the terminal clamp nor the terminal strap will contact the furnace wall directly. The terminal strap must have enough slack to give under finger pressure.
7. After completing connections, turn on electricity after lightly pressing the heating element with a finger tip and make sure it will move easily.
8. When replacing elements, it is recommended to replace all heating elements in the same circuit, otherwise the resistance difference new and old elements can cause a load imbalance. This imbalance results in the newer elements' loading being greater which could shorten its service lift. It is recommended that older, or " aged" elements be used on the same circuit.
9. When start to run the furnace, raise voltage slowly and gradually never give full load at one time, otherwise, the heating element will be damaged by over current impulse.
10. As the resistance of all silicon carbide elements increases during use a variable voltage power supply is usually provided. The power supply may consist of a step transformer, thyristor, or a combination of both. The type of equipment used may effect the element performance and therefore the necessary appliances shall be selected carefully.
11. Before use the new furnace or the furnace that has not been used for a long time, they must be dried. While drying, it better to use old elements or other heat source.
12. While sinter products or materials, if there is water ejection, the furnace should have holes to eject water vapor or other waste gases in order to protect the elements service life.
Packing & Delivery
The external packaging of the product has three layers and equipped with a spring shock absorbing frame to ensure transportation safely.
Package: wooden box padded with foam board.
Delivery Time: 7-20 Days
Henan Synthe Corporation has been developing, improving, and finishing high temperature furnaces and refractory products for almost 10 years. Today, We are engaged in the manufacture of high-temperature muffle furnaces, tube furnaces, vacuum furnaces and ceramic fiber products.
We also offer complete SiC and MoSi2 heating elements. Many of our products have been developed for specific purposes with unique designs. We offer extensive research and development. Our highly qualified staff of engineers, scientists, technicians, and plant personnel, will work with you to produce a cost effective, superior product to meet your refractory needs. Synthe takes pride in our commitment to operational excellence. We have the drive, knowledge and ability to meet our customer's specific and demanding needs for their everyday usage. We will work with you to get things done!
1. One year quality warranty for whole furnace.
2. Reply your inquiry in 24 working hours.
3. Experienced staffs answer all your questions in fluent English.
4. Customized design is available.
5. Exclusive and unique solution can be provided to our customer by our well-trained and professional engineers and staff.
App control system
Specializing in research and development lab furnace for more than 10 years gives you the most professional service.
Responsible production lead to high quality.
Large-scale production lines ensure the fast delivery time.
The best package keeps your goods safer and transport easier.
How can I get your prompt quotation for silicon carbide rod?We can give you reply with quotation quickly if you kindly send the inquiry with following
1. Choose the shape you need, like Rod, U, W, Single Spiral etc;
2. Cold zone: length and diameter;
3. Hot zone: length and diameter;
4. Temperature you need;
5. Overall length;
6. Resistance you need;
What's your shipping and packing?By air, sea, land carriage
Wooden case, In wood packaging, the product has three layers of protection. The exterior is equipped with a suspended iron frame for shock absorption during product transportation.
Which payment terms can you accept?
T/T, L/C, Paypal, Western Union are available for us.
After an order is placed, when to deliver?
7-20days after confirming the order.
Does your company accept customization?
We accept OEM service.
How to ensure the quality of the product?The voltage and current of every Hotbar element will be tested with digital instruments at 1000 degree before delivery, and the resistance value will be marked at terminal of element.
How about your production capacity?We have sophisticated equipments, Our production capacity has up to 5000PCS/Month per month. Customized is welcome.