1. Control and lower blood pressure, lower sugar levels in the blood, and the dietary fiber lowers harmful cholesterol.
2. Preventing the build up of plaque in arteries and veins (atherosclerosis).
3. Help the heart to function normally.
4. Prevents calcium loss, promote bone density and strength. Bone fragility leads to brittleness and thinning of the bones, eventually leading to osteoporosis and/or arthritis
5. Reduce the risk of breast cancer.
6. Beneficial for iron deficient anemic individuals, menstruating, pregnant and lactating women.
7. It also has anti septic and emollient properties, making it an excellent home remedy for skin care, fresh mashed figs applied on skin not only cleanses it, but helps in curing acne and pimples.