Comparison between Chloroprene Rubber and Other Rubber
Compared with natural rubber and other synthetic rubber, chloroprene has many excellent properties. A comparison of the properties of 8 kinds of rubber are shown in the follow table.
The data show that properties of chloroprene are superior to those of the other rubbers in general. Taking advantage of these excellent properties, chloroprene rubber is now used for a wide range of applications.
Comparison of the Properties of Chloroprene with those of Other Types of Rubber
Applications of "DENKA CHLOROPRENE"
(1) Wire and Cable"DENKA CHLOROPRENE" is used as the sheath for wire and cable.
(2) Automotive rubber parts"DENKA CHLOROPRENE" has applications such as for mechanical parts in automobiles including air suspensions, constant-velocity joint boots, rack and pinion boots, power steering hoses, brake hoses and other hoses, various transmission belts, gaskets, dust seals and isolation materials for which oil resistance and deterioration resistance are indispensable.
(3) Belts/hoses"DENKA CHLOROPRENE" is widely used for conveyer belts that are used for mining and similar fields, conveyer belts for carrying high-temperature or burning materials such as coke, transmission belts, and other flat and V-belts. "DENKA CHLOROPRENE" is also used for various hose covers and tubes.
(4) Rubber lining / Sponge / Wetsuits"DENKA CHLOROPRENE" is widely used in the form of rubber lining for various applications such as container bags, cover sheets, tents, leisure boats, rescue boats, and flame retardant wear for fire fighters, etc.
"DENKA CHLOROPRENE" is also used for sponges which have a low specific gravity, for wetsuits used in marine sports, and as cushion rubber to protect against danger to human life by fire, etc., in aircraft, boats, and automobiles.
(5) Rubber products for general purposes/new fields"DENKA CHLOROPRENE" is used for rubber rollers in offset printing presses which utilize water and oil to print, as rubber rollers which are exposed to oil and high temperatures in steelmaking, and as pads and packings, gaskets and dust seals for various types of machinery. Recently, in addition to is wide use for automobile parts and rubber products for general industries, there are great expectations for new applications of "DENKA CHLOROPRENE" in the civil engineering and construction fields including as tunnel segment seal gaskets and elastomeric isolators for bridges as well as for various marine-related rubber parts.
(6) AdhesivesAmong many kinds of rubber adhesives, those which are based on "DENKA CHLOROPRENE" have established a firm reputation in various application areas, since it has good applicability and has various excellent adhesion properties.
Recently, "DENKA CHLOROPRENE LATEX" is being used as a solvent free adhesive.
Typical Grades of "DENKA CHLOROPRENE"
Sales of "DENKA CHLOROPRENE" were started with four grades in October, 1962. Since then, new types have been successively added to meet the requirements of customers. The following introduces the major product types for many "DENKA CHLOROPRENE" products.