Xi'an, Shaanxi, China
Member Since: 2019
Product Name: Lupeol extract
Colour: brown to White powder
CAS NO.: 545-47-1
Molecular Formula: C30H50O
Molecular Weight: 426.72
Storage: Store in cool and dry places, keep away from strong light.
Lupine alcohol is a kind of from the strawberry, mango and so on the many kinds of fruits and vegetables, and Chinese herbal medicine plant extracts such as rings three anvil compounds, have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, promote wound healing and other pharmacological effects, and in pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and melanoma tumors showed antitumor activity, clinically used for diseases such as leukemia, liver cancer, colon cancer, and pancreatic cancer treatment.
1. Anti-tumor effect
(1) inhibition of melanoma: lupanol can inhibit the growth and induce differentiation of melanoma in mice. Induction of melanoma cell differentiation is achieved by activating the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAKP) pathway, and the similarities and differences of the c-3 structure of lupine ring play a key role in the activation of the MAKP pathway.
Lupanol has an inhibitory effect on metastasis of malignant melanoma, and its mechanism is mainly related to the Wnt/ catenin signal pathway, but has nothing to do with the MAKP pathway.
(2) inhibition of skin cancer in mice
Lupanol can inhibit the occurrence of skin cancer and the expression of tumor markers.
(3) inhibitory effect on breast cancer
Lupanol can inhibit the growth of breast cancer cells. Lupanol inhibited both estrogen receptor (ER) negative and positive breast cancer cells in a dose-dependent and time-dependent manner. It indicates that the inhibitory effect of lupanol on breast cancer cells does not depend on ER, but has a certain correlation. Effects of lupanol on human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) in breast cancer cells.
(4) inhibiting and inducing apoptosis of prostate cancer cells
In endocrine-related tumors, besides breast cancer cells, lupanol also has an inhibitory effect on prostate cancer. Lupanol can inhibit the growth and induce apoptosis of prostate cancer cell lines LNCaP and CWR22Rr1 in a dose-dependent manner, mainly by activating the fas receptor-mediated apoptosis pathway. In addition, lupanol also significantly inhibited the growth of transplanted prostate cancer.
(5) inhibition and apoptosis induction of pancreatic cancer
Lupanol inhibits the growth of pancreatic cancer, and inhibits Ras pathway to induce apoptosis of pancreatic cancer cells.
(6) inhibitory effect on liver cancer cells
In vitro and in vivo, lupanol inhibited the self-renewal ability of tumor initiatingcell (TIC) cells in liver cancer. In addition, lupanol inhibited the tumorigenic ability of TIC cells in thymus-free nude mice, and down-regulated the expression level of CD133, a marker of TIC cells.
(7) inhibition of leukemia cells
Lupanol can inhibit the growth of leukemia cells and induce apoptosis. The inhibition of lupanol on leukemia cells is related to carbonylation of lupanine ring.
(8) inhibitory effect on other tumors
Lupanol has an inhibitory effect on head and neck tumors. Lupanol has certain inhibitory effect on human ovarian cancer cells.
2. Anti-inflammatory effect
3. Oxidation resistance