Business Type: Manufacturer/Factory,Trading Company
Handan, Hebei, China
Molecular Weight: 68
CAS No.: 141-53-7
H.S. Code: 29151200
Name: Sodium Formate Leather Chemicals
Properties:It is white crystal powder, and has little moisture absorption and little smell of formic acid. It can solve in water, little in alcohol, not in ether. Its density is 1.919 and melting point is 253°C.
Appearance: White Crystalline Powder
Usage: dyeing, printing of fabric, leather tanning, chrome electroplating process, paper industry as anti oxidants
Packing: 25 kg/1000kg net PP bag with PE liner.
1. Raw material: Sodium formate chemically reduces other components by donating an electron or electrons. Formic acid and oxalic acid are prepared from sodium formate. Sodium formate is used
In the manufacture of sodium hydrosulfite, a common reductive bleaching chemical.
2. Reductive bleaching agent: Sodium formate is used to improve the brightness and color in
3. Dyeing/Printing fabrics and paper.
4. Tanning of leather: Sodium formate stabilize the chromium, resulting in better leather quality. It is used for better penetration and tanning time reducing.
5. Deicing chemical: Sodium formate is less corrosive and undergoes fast melting action relative to other deicing chemicals.
6. Buffering agent: Sodium formate improves both desulfurization efficiency and increasing lime absorbent utilization.
7. Animal feed additive: Sodium formate is an efficient feed additive as it improve digestibility.
8. Sodium formate is also used in liquid detergent as a builder or an enzyme stabilizer. It is used in dyeing, in electroplating, in silage preservation.
sodium formate %min
organic substance %max
content of Fe %max